The BIC bioeconomy platform to connect European regions and the bio-based industry is now live!
The concept is based on a digital, partnering platform where regions and industry can make contact based on mutual interest. The platform focuses on creating local value chains and access to finance, namely helping regions and industry bridge the gap between bio-based investment opportunities and financial incentives at regional level.
This is in line with the position of the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) which has been working on the bioeconomy, raising awareness and strengthening the local and regional dimension for the past years. The CoR has also stated that platforms such as the Bio-Based Industries Consortium, able to maximise the potential of the findings and knowledge acquired and to combine local and regional initiatives, can promote bioeconomy processes effectively.
Benefits to regions
- Attract investments from the bio-based industry in new, local value chains
- Highlight your region’s bio-based priorities, feedstocks, incentives for investment etc. & link up with S3 strategies
- Use the platform’s search and filter functions to identify the right bio-based industry actors for your region’s projects
- Make direct contact with new bio-based industry actors to discuss potential investment projects
Benefits for industry
- Access alternative sources of finance for highly ranked, but unsuccessful funding proposals e.g. flagship & demo
- Highlight the types of markets sectors, feedstock use etc. you are targeting and attract the right regions for your investment needs
- Use the platform’s search and filter functions to identify regions offering opportunities for bio-based investment & linked financial incentives
- Make direct contact with new regional actors to discuss potential investment projects